Amazon has quietly introduced a brand new coverage for Fireplace TV units that may now see them profit from 4 years of safety updates at a minimal.
The pledge will see streaming devices, soundbars and TVs operating Amazon’s Fireplace TV platform get common safety patches “at the least 4 years after the gadget [was] final out there for buy on our web sites” and is coming into drive simply in time for the vacation buying season.
The tremendous print signifies that all of the gear on Amazon’s record of supported units might be coated by way of at the least 2025 and consists of widespread merchandise like the newest Fireplace TV Stick (third Gen) that was launched in 2020.
Nevertheless, you might additionally purchase a Fireplace TV Stick 4K from way back to 2018 and know you’ll be taken care of for a similar period of time, as a result of that all-important caveat.
As first noticed by PhoneArena, Amazon’s transfer follows comparable initiatives by different main electronics producers, together with the likes of Samsung and OnePlus, who’ve all launched prolonged safety replace assist lately.
Notably lacking from the brand new coverage are Fireplace tablets, however yow will discover an entire record of the units that do profit under.
Fireplace TV streamers
- Fireplace TV Stick Primary Version (Gen 2, 2016)
- Fireplace TV Stick Lite (2020)
- Fireplace TV Stick (Gen 3, 2020)
- Fireplace TV Dice (Gen 2, 2019)
- Fireplace TV Stick 4K (2018)
- Fireplace TV Stick 4K Max
- Fireplace TV Recast DVR (2018)
Fireplace TV Sensible TVs
- Amazon Fireplace TV 4K Omni sequence (43 to 75-inch)
- Amazon Fireplace TV 4-series 4K (43 to 55-inch)
- Insignia NS (24 to 65-inch)
- Pioneer 22U 4K LED (43 and 50-inch)
- Toshiba U21 Sensible 2020 (32 to 50-inch)
- Toshiba C350 sequence 4K LED 2021 (43 to 75-inch)
Fireplace TV Soundbars
- Nebula Soundbar Fireplace TV Version
- TCL Alto 8 Plus Fireplace TV Version