The maker of essentially the most premium case followers within the enterprise Noctua, has leaked the ASUS B660 motherboard vary on their web site (or at the very least a portion of it), as a part of their compatibility centre operate, exhibiting ‘which Noctua CPU coolers are suitable with which motherboards’.
The B660 motherboards will occupy the low-mid vary of the motherboards suitable with the upcoming Intel twelfth gen Alder Lake CPUs. We’ve already seen the launch of the premium Z690 motherboards, that are the choose of selection for individuals who need to overclock their new Intel CPUs, however the B660 supply a extra inexpensive choice for individuals who are pleased with simply the out of the field increase clock.
ASUS are one of many largest and hottest makers of motherboards, so affirmation of the varied upcoming SKUs shall be a consolation to these trying to choose one up.
The ASUS B660 SKUs are listed as follows:
- ASUS ROG Strix B660-A Gaming
- ASUS ROG Strix B660-F Gaming
- ASUS ROG Strix B660-G Gaming
- ASUS ROG Strix B660-I Gaming
- ASUS TUF Gaming B660-PLUS
- ASUS TUF Gaming B660M-PLUS WIFI
What’s the distinction between the ASUS B660 motherboards?
Every of the ASUS B660 motherboards listed above could have totally different options, together with RAM slots, most reminiscence velocity, PCIe lanes (together with PCIe 4.0 and three.0), and naturally, a unique price ticket. This can make them appropriate for pairing with totally different SKUs throughout the Intel twelfth gen vary, and to be used in numerous kinds of builds.
While we gained’t go into the exhaustive variety of variations right here, if the earlier technology of Intel eleventh gen ASUS motherboards (the B560 sequence) are something to go by, we will anticipate the next major variations between the ASUS B660 motherboards:
- The ASUS ROG Strix B660-A Gaming and ASUS ROG Strix B660-F Gaming would be the most premium on the listing by way of options and upgradability choices, and shall be functionally similar, the one distinction being aesthetics.
- ASUS ROG Strix B660-G Gaming is the mid-tier choice.
- The ASUS ROG Strix B660-I Gaming could have the mini-ITX kind issue, making it extra appropriate for smaller case PCs, however with much less reminiscence DIMM slots and the like.
- The ASUS TUF Gaming B660M-PLUS and ASUS TUF Gaming B660M-PLUS WIFI will each be essentially the most finances choices, and the extra stripped again by way of options, with the latter clearly differing in that it has in-built Wi-Fi assist.