Phil Holland’s philmColor R3, an in depth set of LUTs impressed by movement image movie, has been launched. Launched in 2017, philmColor was initially designed particularly for RED cameras that use a IPP2 Coloration Workflow. Nevertheless, this newest launch boasts compatibility with a variety of cameras in submit. Let’s take a look at what is obtainable in philmColor R3.
Phil Holland has a profession as a director, cinematographer, and digital imaging specialist that spans over 20 years. He retains a eager eye on the bleeding fringe of digital cinema know-how and has appeared on CineD quite a few occasions for interviews, and discussions.
For the reason that inception of philmColor, 1000’s of productions have used these LUTs on set, and in submit. Phil delights in seeing BTS grabs of his LUTs loaded on set, and the creation of those LUTs is a labor of affection for him.
Phil attracts his inspiration for his LUT creations from movie shares. The objective is to provide digital shares helpful to the trendy filmmaker that can work with quite a lot of lighting circumstances and publicity strategies. You will discover hints of acquainted hues, tones, and density that stretch throughout trendy via classic Kodak and Fujifilm shares.
philmColor R3 builds on prime of the earlier launch so as to add 540 all-new LUTS for an expansive 718 whole LUTs.
What’s included with philmColor R3?
- col_labDevAndSat – 21 new saturation, density, and growth LUTs
- crv_curves – 12 new tone curve LUTs
- crv_fades – 8 new pale tone curve LUTs – click on to study extra
- crv_tones – 36 new perceptual, ETTR, movie print attribute curve LUTs
- grd_achromic – 10 new “colorless” black and white LUTs
- grd_polychromic – 70 new “digital movie inventory” LUTs
- grd_printSplitTone – 27 new shade break up tone LUTs with cool, impartial, and heat variants
- grd_revisedBaseStocks – 20 up to date LUTs primarily based on a number of the hottest seems from philmColor R2
- grd_schema – 204 new artistic shade scheme LUTs, bolder seems, capturing shares, present seems, and extra
- out_ARC – 4 new Output Transforms in 33 and 65 sized cubes in each SDR and HDR with a number of black factors
- out_PFE_CLR – arduous clipped and restricted vary 13 and 15 cease Kodak Print LUTs with 4 black factors
- out_RED – Together with the SDR and HDR variations of RED’s default Medium Distinction/Comfortable Spotlight Roll-Off Output Transforms
- out_resolveFilmLooks – 6 particular Output Transforms primarily based on Resolve’s Movie Seems to be with two black factors
- out_STEM – 3 new Coloration Area Grading STEMs (no tone curve) for Colorists and Superior Customers
- utl_colorSpaceTransforms – 10 Coloration Area Tranforms from numerous producer’s Coloration Areas and Gamma
- plus all of the earlier LUTs from philmColor2
philmColor LUTs are suitable with all RED DSCM3 Cameras in addition to DSMC2 cameras that assist 33x33x33 sized 3D LUTs.
To be used with different cameras, the perfect means is to remodel regardless of the digicam’s captured Coloration Area and Gamma into REDWideGamutRGB and Log3G10. Phil has included shade house transforms for just a few quite common digital cinema cameras, mirrorless cameras, and generic transforms with PCR3’s launch.
Included with this launch are:
- ARRI – AWG/LogC
- BMD – BMDWG5/FG5
- Canon – CCG/C-Log2
- Canon – CCG/C-Log3
- DJI – DGam/DLog
- Fujifilm – FGam/FLog
- Generic REC709 – REC709/BT1886
- Nikon – NGam/NLog
- Panasonic – VGam/Vlog
- Sony – S-Gamut3/S-Log3
Assist for extra cameras can be added over time, and he encourages you to achieve out in the event you don’t see a digicam on this record that you simply wish to be supported.
Along with providing one of the vital in depth LUT packages, philmColor gives examples, workflow ideas, and extra data on get probably the most out of your footage.
In case you are a earlier proprietor of philmColor Launch 2, Launch 3 is obtainable to you as a free improve. For brand new customers, philmColor R3 prices $300 and could be bought instantly from phfx.com.
A particular deal for CineD viewers: use the code “huckleberry” at checkout for $25 off.
Featured picture credit score: Phil Holland
Have you ever used philmColor LUTs in your tasks? What LUT packages do you utilize in post-production? Tell us within the feedback beneath.