Vibrant Tangerine has simply launched the Misfit Kick 360, a high-end matte field that may take as much as three filters, together with two levels that may totally rotate. This matte field helps filters as much as 5.65 x 5.65″, and you may both clamp it to the entrance of your lens or apply it to 15mm rods with a swing-away adapter. Let’s take a more in-depth have a look at it!
Once I take into consideration high-end digital camera equipment with no compromises, only some firms instantly come to my thoughts, together with British producer Vibrant Tangerine. Nonetheless, should you missed it, you’ll be able to check out our reviews concerning the Vibrant Tangerine AXL EVF mount or their latest LeftField System for the RED Komodo.
Final yr, the corporate launched the Misfit Kick, a two and three levels carbon fiber mattebox which you can configure both as a clip-on, rod mount, or swing away matte field. The unique Misfit Kick already had some distinctive options just like the Body Secure clamp adapters that will let you safe your matte field to your rig through a security wire.
The corporate went again to the drawing desk, they usually simply launched what could possibly be the final word studio/discipline manufacturing matte field: the Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360.
Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 similarities
The Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 has quite a bit in frequent with the “unique” Misfit Kick, together with:
- A 2-Stage Core which is the bottom of the system. It’s product of aluminum and light-weight carbon fiber.
- You can begin with a “base package” that takes two filters and expend it later with an extra stage so it could take three filters.
- For clamp-on use, it’s essential connect a Body Secure clamp behind the matte field. These clamp adapters can be found in varied sizes, together with all trade customary ones: 80mm/85mm/95mm/114mm and so forth.
- The Body Secure clamps additionally permits you to additional safe the matte field to your rig through a security wire in case you’re taking pictures in harmful environements.
- The Misfit Kick and Misfit Kick 360 are clamp-on matte bins that may be transformed to a Swing-Away for studio shoots through an optionnal adapter.
- Appropriate with ARRI filter trays.
So, what’s completely different from its predecessor?
As its title suggests, the Vibrant Tangerine Misfit Kick 360 options two rotatable filter trays. As well as, each rotatable filter trays can rotate independently, which is useful should you use polarizing or gradient filters.
Additionally, because the Misfit Kick 360 is barely greater/bigger than the unique one, it could now take 4 x 4″, 4 x 5.65″, and 5.65 x 5.65″ filters.
A lot of the different options are comparable between the unique Misfit Kick and the 360 model. So should you don’t want filter-rotatable capabilities, I suppose you’ll be able to maintain having fun with your Misfit Kick.
Worth and availability
The Misfit Kick 360 is accessible now and begins at $1868/€1597 for the “base” 2-stage package. The fully-featured 3-stage Swing Away package retails for $2967/€2540. As a direct comparability, the unique Misfit Kick 2-stage package begins at $1328/€967.
For extra data, please go to Vibrant Tangerine’s web site right here.
What do you consider this new Misfit Kick 360 mattebox? Do you typically have to rotate your filter trays when utilizing a matte field? Don’t hesitate to tell us within the feedback down beneath!